Fun weekly events at Seattle Center!
September 19, 2010
SO much to see and do at Seattle Center! Here’s a list of events we recommend for this week! Remember, the Seattle Center Monorail runs from 9am to 11pm daily and provides fast, direct transportation between downtown Seattle and Seattle Center. It’s a great alternative to driving your car and having to pay $10 or $20 dollars for parking
- Today, September 19th: The EMP is hosting a special tribute in honor of the 40th anniversary of Jimi Hendrix’s death. It starts at 10am today and runs until 4pm. http://bit.ly/c4kk31
- Today, September 19th: The Maelstrom International Fantastic Film Festival (MIFFF) is wrapping up. Tickets still available: http://www.mifff.org/
- Monday, September 20: RIDER ALERT: Seattle Monorail will close early at 9:45pm due to scheduled maintenance of the Seattle Center electrical system by Seattle City Light. http://www.seattlemonorail.com/rideralerts.php
- Wednesday, September 22: Rick Steves is lecturing on ‘The Best of Southern Spain’ with a focus on Andalucia. This starts at 7pm in Nesholm Family Lecture Hall. http://kcts9.org/events/rick-steves-andaluc%C3%AD-best-southern-spain
- Thursday, September 23: ‘Skate Like a Girl’ Free drop in clinic at the skateboard park at 6pm.
- Friday, September 24: ‘Stargate: Propworx Preview and Auction’ taking place at the EMP. Registration begins at 8am. This is the Preview day (Auction day on Saturday).
- Friday, September 24: ‘Director’s Choice’ Pacific Northwest Ballet Opening Performance at McCaw Hall at 7:30pm http://www.pnb.org/Season/10-11/DirectorsChoice/#Media
- Saturday, September 25: EMP event – Stargate Auction begins at 9am, registration at 8am.
- Saturday, September 25: ‘Italian Festival’ at Center House – enjoy the culture and food of Italy! http://www.seattlecenter.com/events/festivals/festal/detail.asp?EV_EventNum=16
- Saturday, September 25: The Children’s Museum presents ‘Clifford the Big Red Dog’ exhibit. Opens on the 25th and runs until January 17th! http://thechildrensmuseum.org/
- This week: ‘A Doctor in Spite of Himself’ at Intiman Theatre – it’s running until October 10th. http://www.intiman.org/
- This week: tons of IMAX movies playing at the Pacific Science Center including ‘Legends of Flight’, ‘Hubble 3D’, ‘Avatar:Special Edition 3D’, ‘The Living Sea’, ‘The Eruption of Mt. St. Helens’, and ‘The Wildest Dream: Conquest of Everest’. Go to their website to view times and dates: http://www.pacsci.org/imax/
- This week: remember that all Pacific Science Center exhibits are closed this week until Saturday, September 25th at 10am.