Free Youth ORCA Rides at Seattle Center Monorail
Effective May 1, 2023: Youth (ages 6-18) with a valid Youth ORCA card will receive $0 fare upon tapping their card at Seattle Center Monorail. Youth without a valid Youth ORCA card must purchase a monorail ticket ($1.75/one-way) from a monorail ticket vending machine. Student IDs & verbal communication of age are not accepted for free youth ORCA fare.
How to Use ORCA at Seattle Center Monorail
- For all ORCA cards, you only need to tap on (like a bus) and do not need to tap off
- ORCA Lift and RRFP ORCA cards are accepted
- Regional day passes purchased on an ORCA card are accepted
- Transfers on an ORCA card are accepted – if your fare purchased within the 2 hour transfer period has a trip value less than $3.50, the difference must be paid through E-Purse.
- ORCA PugetPass with a trip value of at least $3.50 are accepted – if your PugetPass trip value is less than $3.50, the difference must be paid through E-Purse.
- Paper tickets/transfers are not accepted
- As of May 14, 2022, the new ORCA system at all transit agencies only allows for one (1) ORCA card to be used per person
- Regardless of E-Purse balance, all yellow ORCA readers only allow one tap per card.
- Any additional people must purchase a monorail ticket or use their own ORCA card.
How to purchase a Youth ORCA card
Youth ORCA cards must be purchased online or at a transit agency customer service location. Seattle Center Monorail does not sell or renew Youth ORCA cards.
Buy Online: https://www.myorca.com/buy-online/
- Online Card orders have an estimated delivery time of 5-10 business days of purchase. Orders are not processed on weekends or holidays. ORCA agencies are not responsible for delays in the US Postal Service
- Proof of age documentation is required before adding to shopping cart.
- K-12 student ID, state ID or driver’s license, birth certificate, or passport
Buy In-Person: ORCA Customer Service Locations
- Must bring proof of age documentation in-person (listed above)