The Monorail travels directly between Westlake Center Mall (5th Avenue and Pine Street) and Seattle Center (adjacent to the Space Needle and MoPOP). There is only one stop so you won’t get lost!
- Westlake Center Station: 400 Pine Street, 3rd Floor, Seattle, WA 98101
- Seattle Center Station: 305 Harrison Street, Seattle, WA 98109
Seattle Center Monorail is open daily. Please check our current hours of operation for hours. The Monorail extends service for events at Seattle Center and Climate Pledge Arena, be sure to check for special event hours.
Seattle Center Monorail departs approximately every 10 minutes*.
*During peak event service, the Monorail departs every 4 minutes.
The Monorail takes approximately 3 minutes to get from station to station.
- Debit or Credit Card
- Contactless Pay
- ORCA Card
Monorail Youth tickets (ages 6-18) receive half price tickets. We do not have a student discount at the monorail. School groups (Kindergarten through 12th grade) can register online ahead of time and receive a school group rate. Please fill out our online school group registration form to be eligible for a school group rate. You must fill this form out at least three business days (M-F) in advance.
Seattle Center Monorail does not travel to Sea-Tac Airport; it only travels between Seattle Center and Westlake Center. At Westlake Center, you can connect with the Sound Transit 1 Line (lower level) which travels to Sea-Tac Airport. You can use the Link Light Rail and Monorail to travel between the Airport and Seattle Center - great for if you want to visit the Space Needle during a long lay-over!
To get from Sea-Tac Airport to Seattle Center:
- Look for signs in the airport for the Sound Transit 1 Line. Catch the 1 Line going northbound from Sea-Tac Airport and get off at Westlake Station
- From the transit tunnel at Westlake, look for Exit A2 for the Monorail and 5th Ave & Pine Street
- Take the elevator (with ‘MONORAIL’ written above it) or stairs up to the Westlake Center Monorail station located on the third floor of Westlake Center.
- Buy a Monorail ticket from a Monorail Ticket Vending Machine to ride directly to Seattle Center, home of the Space Needle and more!
To get from Seattle Center to Sea-Tac Airport:
- Buy a Monorail ticket at the Seattle Center Monorail station and ride the monorail train to Westlake Center.
- As you exit the Monorail at Westlake Center, head left towards the elevator and stairwell, and go down to the lower level to access the Sound Transit 1 Line.
- Buy a ticket from the kiosk, and ride the Sound Transit 1 Line South (towards Sea-Tac Airport & Angle Lake).
- After boarding the 1 Line at Westlake Station, there are 12 stops until you arrive at Sea-Tac/Airport Station. The trip takes approximately 40 minutes; the 1 Line departs every 6-15 minutes depending on the time of day.
Westlake Center is one of Seattle’s transportation hubs. Seattle Center Monorail accepts ORCA card transfers from other transit systems. ORCA transfers are made electronically. If you use an ORCA card that is loaded with a bus pass or E-purse, you will get a two-hour transfer credit for the fare paid. Please note, credit does not apply for transfers to or from Washington State Ferries. Please note, if you use an ORCA transfer and the transfer value is less than the Monorail fare, you must pay the difference with E-purse or cash. Paper transfers are not accepted.
Yes! At Westlake Center, you can access the platform from the elevator located on 5th Ave (between Olive and Pine). At Seattle Center, there are ramps that allow for easy access. There are yellow gates at Seattle Center platform that pull out to allow wheelchairs easy entrance into the trains. For additional information about ADA Accessibility and to read other policies, please view our NOTICES OF NONDISCRIMINATION page.
Dogs are welcome as long as they are well-behaved and on a leash. On busy/crowded days, it is possible that the owner may be asked to hold their dog on their lap.
Service animals are always welcome.
When traveling from Seattle Center to Westlake Center via the Monorail, exit the train and take the stairwell or elevator on the left side of the platform to the street level. Turn right on 5th Avenue and then make your first right on Pine Street and walk down to 1st Avenue.
Ride the Monorail from Westlake Center to Seattle Center. When you exit the train, walk down the ramp from the Seattle Center platform and the Space Needle will be straight ahead . Don’t forget to look up!
You do not need to purchase advanced tickets for personal visits. Tickets are available for purchase through the Monorail ticket vending machines located on the Seattle Center platform, Westlake Center platform, and inside Westlake Center Mall on the 3rd floor. Advanced prepaid group tickets are available for large groups (more than 100 people), conventions and/or organizations.