The historic Seattle Monorail connects the Downtown retail core (above the Sound Transit’s Westlake Station) to the base of the Space Needle at Seattle Center. The iconic trains carry over 2 million passengers annually – and are especially loved by kids and families. Best of all, the Monorail is a fun place to work.
Seattle Monorail Services is a local family-owned company that has been operating the Monorail for the City of Seattle since 1994. We are a great and diverse team. We take pride in each other’s achievements and our collective stewardship of this Northwest icon.
An icon deserves a great team to run it and a great team takes care of each other.
We at Seattle Monorail Services (SMS) are a small team dedicated to each other and to our mission of stewarding Seattle Center Monorail. We are hiring Event Service Representatives to work at Seattle Center Monorail during events occurring at Climate Pledge Arena.
Job Title: Event Services Representative - Part-Time
Reports to: Operations Supervisor
Position Objective: The Monorail system plays a significant role in providing fast, direct transportation to and from events at Seattle Center. Primary responsibilities include greeting passengers, assisting passengers with purchasing monorail tickets, scanning tickets/ORCA cards, and directing passengers to promote efficient line flow.
Compensation and Schedule: Hourly rate $20.25/hour.
Seattle Monorail Services offers medical insurance to all employees who work a minimum of 25 hours per week. Plan enrollment occurs on the first day of the month following the plan’s 60-day waiting period and sometimes falls within the new-hire probationary period (90 days). All permanent employees beyond their new-hire probationary period are eligible to participate in the company SIMPLE-Individual Retirement Account plan as well as our book and tuition reimbursement program.
Shifts will typically occur between 2pm and midnight and are between 6-9 hours in length. Shifts are scheduled for events occurring at Climate Pledge Arena; there are about 15 events per month. Climate Pledge Arena event calendar: https://climatepledgearena.com/events/month/ Come join our dynamic team and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment while giving top notch customer service to our guests!
Who are you: An enthusiastic lover of transportation, events, and people. You have a true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging, and knowledgeable of all things Monorail and Seattle Center related. You know that first impressions are everything. One must provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional experience for all our customers riding the iconic Monorail. Lastly, you take pride in working hard and in a team environment.
- Provide superior customer service – greet guests and answer general questions about the Monorail and Seattle
- Help passengers purchase and redeem tickets and scan their ORCA card
- Direct passengers to promote efficient line flow and ensure safe boarding of the train
- Actively participate in our Employee Safety Reporting Program
- Comfortable following company social-distancing and PPE requirements (including wearing a mask for entire shift)
- This position requires the ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Assist with troubleshooting of ticket vending machines
- Complete and maintain First Aid and CPR certification and safety trainings (provided)
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Due to the COVID-19 global pandemic, Seattle Monorail Services has a company-wide COVID-19 vaccination requirement in place as of January 2021. All employees must provide proof of vaccine via vaccination card.
- Company policy requires that all employees wear a mask while on the premises.
- Outgoing, friendly disposition and a team player; you’re always willing to give and ask for help
- Welcoming personality and enthusiasm interacting with a diverse population
- Strong communication skills, comfort with guest interaction and large crowds
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and flexibility should difficult situations arise
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Ability to effectively communicate using the English language. Representatives will be communicating with customers and co-workers both in-person and using our radio communications system
- Effective problem-solving techniques and troubleshooting capabilities
- Have reliable transportation to work
- Ability to lift 25 pounds, use manual dexterity for entire shift, stand for long periods, and work in a ticket booth
Seattle Monorail Services is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. All applicants are subject to a background check and pre-employment drug test that tests for Amphetamines, Cocaine, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP).
ABOUT SEATTLE MONORAIL
The historic Seattle Monorail connects the Downtown retail core (above the Sound Transit’s Westlake Station) to Seattle Center. The two trains carry over 2 million passengers annually and are especially loved by kids and families. Best of all, the Monorail is a fun place to work.
Seattle Monorail Services is a local, family-owned company that has been operating the Monorail for the City of Seattle since 1994. We are a great and diverse team. We take pride in each other’s achievements and our collective stewardship of this Northwest icon.
To Apply: Submit your resume to [email protected] and complete this form: https://forms.gle/7vBuherwjee5pwi17
Seattle Monorail Services is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. All employees must pass a pre-employment drug screening and are subject to random drug screenings during employment. All applicants are subject to a reference and background check.