Can you believe that it’s already December?! There’s so much happening at Seattle Center and in downtown Seattle during this holiday season!
The Seattle Center Monorail is running daily 9am-11pm with the exception of Christmas Day. The train departs every 10 minutes and runs between Westlake Center (5th Avenue and Pine Street) and Seattle Center (adjacent to the Space Needle). Here’s a list of fun events and activities happening this week!
This week at Seattle Center:
Winterfest Train & Village
- Come see The Children’s Museum’s ‘Festival of Lights – A Kid-Sized Winter Exhibition’! Hanukkah is featured December 1-7 and Santa Lucia is featured December 8-14. It’s a wonderful opportunity for children and their families to learn about different cultural celebrations and festivals that take place during the winter around the world! http://thechildrensmuseum.org/festivals-of-light
- Check out ‘Harry Potter: the Exhibition’ at Pacific Science Center! It features incredible props and costumes from the films as well as many interactive exhibits to explore and play with! Currently, the monorail is wrapped to look like The Hogwarts Express train from the movies! Catch the train to the exhibition! http://www.pacsci.org/harrypotter/
- Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds are performing in McCaw Hall on the 6th and 7th to raise money for justgive.org at 7:30pm! Save money on event parking and ride the monorail from downtown to Seattle Center! http://www.ticketmaster.com/Dave-Matthews-and-Tim-Reynolds-tickets/artist/855716
- Seattle’s Best Jazz takes place inside of Center House on Friday at 7:30pm and Saturday at 11am. The national award-winning Garfield High School Jazz Band will be performing seasonal and popular songs for free!
- Come meet Santa, visit his workshop, and enjoy the kid’s arts and crafts station at Space Needle’s Observation Deck! He’s there from 11am-5pm on Saturday and Sunday. Visits with Santa are free with purchase of an Observation Deck Ticket! http://www.spaceneedle.com/visit/calendar.html
- Check out the amazing ice sculpting event at noon at Fisher Pavilion Apron! Award-winning artists carve seasonal sculptures each Saturday – come see them for free! http://seattlecenter.com/events/event_detail.asp?ca_calnum=350457
- The Mud Bay Jugglers will be performing at Center House at 7pm! Their show features juggling and fire! Should be exciting!