The Seattle Center Monorail is now open earlier in the mornings! We open everyday at 8:30am! Sunday – Thursday we close early at 8:30pm, but Friday and Saturday we’re still open until 11pm. This winter schedule is effective through April. Make sure you check our rider alerts on our website for schedule changes. http://www.seattlemonorail.com/rideralerts.php
There’s plenty to do at Seattle Center! Here’s our top picks for the week!
- Come see ‘Harry Potter: The Exhibition’ at Pacific Science Center! It’s the last stop of the exhibit in the United States before it goes overseas. The exhibit will be in Seattle through January. Make sure you go online/call and purchase your tickets ahead of time – the exhibit has a timed-ticket entry, so you need to reserve a spot! The Seattle Monorail’s red train is currently wrapped to look like the Hogwarts Express in celebration of the exhibition. It’s a great way to get to and from Seattle Center from downtown Seattle! http://www.pacsci.org/harrypotter/
- Check out ‘Adventures with Clifford the Big Red Dog’ at the Seattle Children’s Museum. The Museum provides kids with a unique, interactive learning experience – it’s fun for the whole family! Clifford will be in town through January 17th! http://thechildrensmuseum.org/adventures-with-clifford-the-big-red-dog
- Did you ever read the ‘Lyle the Crocodile’ books when you were a child? The Seattle Children’s Theatre has their ‘Lyle the Crocodile’ performance at Charlotte Martin Theatre at 7pm! I’ve heard it’s wonderful! http://www.sct.org/browse/production.aspx?prod=7583
- Come see Teatro ZinZanni’s ‘Hearts on Fire’ performance at Teatro ZinZanni (walking distance from the Seattle Monorail). Friday’s performance begins at 6:30pm. The food is incredible and the performance is breathtaking! http://dreams.zinzanni.org/cast.htm
Photo by Megan Ching
- Take a ride up to the top of the Space Needle! The views are incredible! http://spaceneedle.com/
- Come enjoy the exhibits at Pacific Science Center, EMP|SFM, and The Children’s Museum!