Proposed Fare Changes: October 7, 2019
New Seattle Center Monorail fare categories and rates are proposed to go into effect on October 7, 2019 to coincide, where applicable, with the acceptance of ORCA as a fare payment option for riding the Monorail.
Here are details of the proposed fare changes:
- Adult one-way, currently (Ages 13-64) $2.50, changes to (Ages 19-64) $3.00
- Youth one-way, currently (Ages 5-12) $1.25, changes to (Ages 6-18) $1.50
- Reduced rate, currently $1.25, changes to $1.50
- Adult monthly pass (non-ORCA), currently $50.00, changes to $60.00
- Reduced rate monthly pass (non-ORCA), currently $25.00, changes to $30.00
- Children 5 and younger ride for free
Those who qualify for reduced rates include: ORCA LIFT and RRFP card holders and non-ORCA seniors (65 years and older), people with disabilities, Medicare Card holders, and U.S. military with valid ID. Round trip tickets are available for purchase for cash/credit card customers only at twice the price of a one-way ticket. Credit card surcharge may apply for credit card transactions.
The public is invited to comment on the fare changes via email: [email protected] or by phone: 206-615-0258, through Wednesday, September 18, 2019.
Comments will also be accepted at a Public Meeting on September 11, 2019 at 5:30 pm at Seattle Center Armory, Loft 4 conference room.
For media inquiries, please email Deborah Daoust or by phone: 206-769-0259.
To request translation services or accommodation for persons with disabilities, please call 206-684-7200.
Si necesita traducir esta información al español, llame al 206-684-7200.
如果您需要此信息翻譯成中文 請致電 206-684-7200.
이 내용의 번역본이 필요하신 경우206-684-7200 으로 연락하시기 바랍니다.
Please submit requests five days in advance of public meeting.