JOB TITLE: Operations Supervisor
Seattle Monorail Services (SMS) is hiring full-time Operations Supervisors to help oversee the daily operations of the Seattle Center Monorail. In this role, the Operations Supervisor will focus on managing people and resources to ensure maximum efficiencies in the workplace. The Operations Supervisor will supervise the work of operations employees and serve as the link between employees and the SMS management team. This is a great opportunity for individuals who are seeking experience managing a team.
This is a hands-on position where the Supervisor is in the field engaging with passengers and employees and providing support to the team. In this position, the Supervisor must learn how to drive the monorail trains, cashier, and manage lines. The role of Operations Supervisor is a significant one within the company and requires leadership skills and a commitment to the safe and reliable operation of the Seattle Center Monorail.
- Ensure great customer service at all levels and enforce customer service standards
- Organizes daily operations by developing schedules, assigning and monitoring work, resolving operations problems, and aiding in the implementation of new procedures
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by enforcing and adhering to SMS company policy
- Perform daily tasks denoted on the Supervisor Checklist
- Oversees and provides breaks for cashiers and drivers
- Serve as the leader during emergencies
- Perform tasks assigned by General Manager and Operations Manager
- Ensure that employees understand and perform their assigned duties and delegated tasks
- Address customer concerns and resolve issues in a compassionate manner
- Assist in the training of new employees
- Foster and encourage teamwork by providing support to cashiers during busy hours: line managing, cashiering, and platform management
- Lead the Daily Operations Meeting
In order to become an Operations Supervisor, you must obtain various trainings and certifications. SMS will provide all required trainings and compensate you for your time during the training period. The training period is anticipated to last for 6-8 weeks.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screening and DOT physical exam. All SMS employees are subject to random drug screenings per FTA guidelines.
- Complete required SMS trainings including obtaining a monorail driver certification, cashier training, CPR and first aid training, and mandatory safety and security training.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to proficiently read, write, and speak English
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Responsible and self-directed
- Leadership ability and good judgement
- Strong computer skills – this job requires some troubleshooting ability with computers and tablets as well as use of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Professional, courteous, and polite manner
- Ability to maintain productivity, organization, and accuracy in spite of frequent interruptions
- Must be able to successfully obtain a Monorail driver certification (21 years or older, pass a DOT physical, clean driving record, complete training, pass exam)
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
WAGE AND BENEFITS:
This is a full-time position. The position requires weekend work, specifically on Saturday evenings. The schedule would have a combination of opening shifts and some closing shifts. As much as possible, we would provide consistency in having two consecutive days off on Sunday and Mondays. Opening shift typically occurs 7:30am-3:00pm and closing shift from 2:45pm-11:15pm with some variation during off-peak season. The Monorail is in operation 363 days per year (we are closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day).
During the training period: $18.50 per hour. Wage increases to $20.50 per hour upon successful completion of the training period.
Company health insurance is available to all employees working more than 25 hours per week once they have worked at the Monorail for 60 days. We help full- and part-time employees pay for college after being with us for just 90-days through textbook reimbursement and tuition assistance. Every employee earns paid time off and is eligible to participate in our retirement plan.
ABOUT SEATTLE MONORAIL:
The historic Seattle Center Monorail was built for the 1962 Seattle World’s Fair and connects the downtown retail core to Seattle Center. The two trains carry over 2 million passengers annually and are especially loved by kids and families. Best of all, the Monorail is a fun place to work.
Seattle Center Monorail is owned by the City of Seattle and has been operated by Seattle Monorail Services is a local, family-owned company since 1994. We are a great and diverse team. We take pride in each other’s achievements and our collective stewardship of this Northwest icon.
Please provide your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Upon reviewing resumes and cover letters, we will provide you with a job application if we’re interested in moving forward in the interview process.