Monorail Cashier – Seasonal
Seasonal Weekend Monorail Cashier
Seattle Monorail is hiring seasonal (available now until the end of December) part-time weekend cashier.
Seasonal part-time cashier: This is a seasonal position available now through the end of December. This position includes 2 shifts per week on Saturday and Sunday. Shifts are approximately 6-8 hours long and would occur between 9am-11pm with the most common shift time at 11am-7pm.
Starting rate is $15/hour.
JOB TITLE: Monorail Cashier/Line Manager
REPORTS TO: Operations Supervisor
- Handling money and ticket transactions efficiently, securely, and accurately.
- Assisting and directing customers in a positive manner.
- Managing lines and communicating with passengers
- Assisting Monorail operators in accordance with general rules and procedures.
- Collecting, rendering, and accounting for funds.
- Performing daily paperwork.
- Administering preventative measures to ensure the safety, well-being, and preservation of Seattle Monorail Services riders, employees, and property.
- Knowing and understanding emergency procedures.
- Assisting customers with ADA requirements as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Must be able to proficiently read, write, and speak English.
- Proficient in addition, subtraction, and general principles of mathematics.
- Professional, courteous, and polite manner.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and timelines in spite of frequent interruptions
- Must have the ability to think and act well under pressure or stress.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and comply with Federal DOT standard.
- Must comply with City of Seattle and federal non-discrimination policies (Title VI) in regard to race, color, creed, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, and other protected groups.
Starting rate is $15.00 per hour.
Seattle Monorail Services is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. All employees must pass a pre-employment drug screening and are subject to random drug screenings during employment. All applicants are subject to a reference and background check.
ABOUT SEATTLE MONORAIL
The historic Seattle Monorail connects the Downtown retail core (above the Sound Transit’s Westlake Station) to Seattle Center. The two trains carry over 2.2 million passengers annually and are especially loved by kids and families. Best of all, the Monorail is a fun place to work.
Seattle Monorail Services is a local, family-owned company that has been operating the Monorail for the City of Seattle since 1994. We are a great and diverse team. We take pride in each other’s achievements and our collective stewardship of this Northwest icon.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary