Effective March 13, 2020, Seattle Center Monorail is temporarily adjusting hours of service.
We are assessing how long these hours will remain in effect and will communicate updates as they become available.
Here are some preventative measures we’ve implemented to help combat the spread the COVID-19:
- Monorail trains and ticket booths are cleaned daily. We are very focused on disinfecting high-touch surfaces such as handrails, countertops and seats.
- We have implemented social distancing strategies to prevent the spread of germs:
- We have placed stanchions and rope on the far ends of both trains to provide distance between the public seating area and our monorail drivers who operate the trains. We have asked the public to find a seat on the train that is not next to or behind our drivers.
- We are adjusting our staff schedule to enable us to keep our cashiers inside the ticket booths rather than selling tickets on the trains where they have more exposure.
- All Monorail employees are receiving guidance based on current CDC and Washington State Department of Health information. Our employees are being vigilant about washing hands and staying home if they feel unwell.