Monorail Maintenance Technician
JOB TITLE: Monorail Maintenance Technician
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Manager
- Know and be familiar with basic operation of train and train components.
- Optimize physical condition, reliability, serviceability, and appearance of all Monorail equipment and structures.
- Be familiar with emergency procedures including First Aid and CPR.
- Disconnect power and other energy sources from beam, trains, ramps, signal, and other electrical and hazardous equipment.
- Be familiar with basic normal operation of ramps, gates, signals, and ramp protection system and learn ramp and gate troubleshooting.
- Thorough understanding of start-up and shut-down sequences for all train operation modes.
- Perform train electrical troubleshooting.
- Perform track pneumatic and door troubleshooting.
- Perform all scheduled preventive and routine maintenance task methods and procedures.
- Perform established time keeping and task reporting paperwork procedures to support the CMMS System.
- Other functions as directed by the Maintenance Manager.
- Must adhere to company rules, regulations, and policies.
- Assist other departments as requested or necessary.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Graduate of trade school, heavy equipment maintenance, or equivalent.
- Must be able to proficiently read, write, and speak English.
- Professional, courteous, and polite manner. Team player.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and comply with Federal DOT standards.
- A clean driving record with no violations in the last three (3) years for: a suspended license for moving violations, reckless or negligent driving, DUI (driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs), hit-and-run incidents, vehicular homicide or vehicular assault, and more than one “at fault” accident.
- Must be available to work days, evenings, and weekends.
- Ability to lift and twist with 75 lbs.
- The position is on an hourly basis. A workweek is expected to include at least 31 hours per week. Working hours will be scheduled to best serve the Monorail trains and Seattle Monorail Services operations schedule. A typical workweek shall be 9 hours/day Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. In addition, a weekend shift from 6:00 AM-10:00 AM will be required.
- Additional hours may be requested and may include nighttime work
- Requested time off shall be requested at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Overtime must be preapproved.
Pay range is $20 to $24 per hour DOE
Seattle Monorail Services is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. All employees must pass a pre-employment drug screening and are subject to random drug screenings during employment. All applicants are subject to a reference and background check.
ABOUT SEATTLE MONORAIL
The historic Seattle Monorail connects the Downtown retail core (above the Sound Transit’s Westlake Station) to Seattle Center. The two trains carry over 2.2 million passengers annually and are especially loved by kids and families. Best of all, the Monorail is a fun place to work.
Seattle Monorail Services is a local, family-owned company that has been operating the Monorail for the City of Seattle since 1994. We are a great and diverse team. We take pride in each other’s achievements and our collective stewardship of this Northwest icon.
We are a team that takes care of each other. We help both full- and part-time employees pay for college after being with us for just 90 days, through textbook reimbursement and tuition assistance. Every employee earns paid time off and is eligible to participate in our retirement plan. Company health insurance is available to all employees working more than 22 hours per week.
To apply, please complete the online job application below and attach your cover letter and resume (PDF or Word Doc format).