JOB TITLE: Monorail Cashier
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
- Handling money and ticket transactions efficiently, securely, and accurately.
- Administering preventative measures to ensure the safety, well-being, and preservation of Seattle Monorail Services riders, employees, and property.
- Assisting and directing customers in a positive manner.
- Assisting Monorail operators in accordance with general rules and procedures.
- Tagging and turning in Lost and Found items.
- Collecting, rendering, and accounting for funds.
- Performing daily paperwork.
- Assisting passengers who are having difficulties or have physical disabilities.
- Restricting access into the ticket booth.
- Knowing and understanding emergency procedures.
- Assisting customers with ADA requirements as needed.
- Restricting intoxicated or unruly people from purchasing a monorail ticket or riding on the Monorail system.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to proficiently read, write, and speak English.
- Proficient in addition, subtraction, and general principles of mathematics.
- Professional, courteous, and polite manner.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and timelines in spite of frequent interruptions
- Must have the ability to think and act well under pressure or stress.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and comply with Federal DOT standard.
- SMS provides certification classes for First Aid and CPR, employee must keep current First Aid and CPR certification.
- Must comply with City of Seattle and federal non-discrimination policies (Title VI) in regard to race, color, creed, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, and other protected groups.
Starting rate is $15.00 per hour plus benefits.
Seattle Monorail Services is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. All employees must pass a pre-employment drug screening and are subject to random drug screenings during employment. All applicants are subject to a reference and background check.
ABOUT SEATTLE MONORAIL
The historic Seattle Monorail connects the Downtown retail core (above the Sound Transit’s Westlake Station) to Seattle Center. The two trains carry over 2.2 million passengers annually and are especially loved by kids and families. Best of all, the Monorail is a fun place to work.
Seattle Monorail Services is a local, family-owned company that has been operating the Monorail for the City of Seattle since 1994. We are a great and diverse team. We take pride in each other’s achievements and our collective stewardship of this Northwest icon.
We are a team that takes care of each other. We help both full- and part-time employees pay for college after being with us for just 90 days, through textbook reimbursement and tuition assistance. Every employee earns paid time off and is eligible to participate in our retirement plan. Company health insurance is available to all employees working more than 22 hours per week.
To apply, please complete the online job application below and attach your cover letter and resume (PDF or Word Doc format).