Monorail: Getting Around Seattle
June 16, 2011
Seattle Center Monorail provides transportation between downtown Seattle to Seattle Center. It is fast and directly travels from Westlake Center (5th Ave. and Pine Street) to Seattle Center (adjacent to Space Needle and Experience Music Project).
The Monorail was built for the 1962 Seattle World’s Fair and celebrates it’s 50th birthday on March 24, 2012! More information about the Monorail’s history can be found HERE.
- Monday-Friday 7:30am – 11:00pm
- Saturday & Sunday 8:30am – 11:00pm.
Purchase tickets at the Monorail Ticket Booth on either Monorail platform. Cash only.
- Adults (ages 13-64) $4.00 roundtrip
- Youths (ages 5-12) $1.50 roundtrip
- Reduced (seniors 65+, disabled, persons with Medicare card) $2.00
- Monthly passes can be purchased directly from the cashier inside the Monorail Ticket Booth at either platform – CASH ONLY.
- Monthly passes can also be purchased on our website: http://www.seattlemonorail.com/sales by credit card. Passes purchased online will be mailed to the address you specify.
Large Groups/School Groups:
- Visit our website to register a large group that needs prepaid Monorail tickets (rather than having to buy the tickets at the ticket booth): http://www.seattlemonorail.com/corporategroups.php
- Visit our website to register a school group (K-12) who will be riding the Monorail for a school-related, educational activity in order to be eligible for our special school group rates: http://www.seattlemonorail.com/schoolgroups.php
Limited Time Offer for Lions Clubs International Convention Attendees:
- Purchase a One-Week Unlimited Monorail Pass from our website: http://www.seattlemonorail.com/sales.php
- Pass gives LCI Attendee with unlimited rides on the Monorail from July 3-9.
- Adults: $15. Seniors/Disabled/Youth: $10.
- Offer expires June 22, 2011. Passes are only being sold online. Pass is non-transferable.
- Visit Seattle’s Convention and Visitors Bureau website to learn more about additional transit options: http://visitseattle.org/Portals/LCI/Seattle/Getting-Around.aspx
- Visit Seattle’s Premier Attraction website to find fun and exciting activities to do while visiting Seattle: http://www.seattleattractions.com/
- Traveling from Sea-Tac Airport? Take the Sound Transit Link Light Rail from Sea-Tac to Westlake Center. Go up to the third floor of Westlake Center and catch the Monorail to Seattle Center!